Barclays Off Campus Drive 2023 Hiring
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Job Profile: Junior Developer
Work Location: Pune
Company Name: Barclays
Experience Required: Frehsers
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Data engineering developer will help in delivering Core Platform Engineering team’s activities which includes,
1. Change Management – Perform the role of Change Manager on delivery teams ask where the resource must understand the task, properly describe it in the form of a change request and drive it through the process (creation, approval, implementation, testing, closing). Level of seniority needed depends on the quality of inputs.
2. CI/CD development, management – Requires deep understanding of development tools and common principles like gitflow etc.
3. Software Patching (Linux, Java, Oracle, …. ) – This is a quite straight forward task, once setup. It is managed on a web page in user friendly UI. This is mostly about communication with stakeholders and platform team about the schedule. Any issues unfortunately demand very good knowledge of Linux and networking from our side.
4. Firewall opening to enable connectivity between systems
5. Resiliency, Security, Performance, Capacity, Lifecycle – Core Platform Team reviews the application platform from the point of view of these topics and raises any identified issues with the correct person who can help us.
6. Tech debt remediation – Core Platform team is driving the remediation of non-compliance in regard to technology standards that is reported to us by GTIS/GIS from their automated scans.
7. Communication with stakeholders – Taking to end users of the platform to understand what the real issue for them is and help in its timely resolution.
8. Keeping track of the task deadlines and Kanban board – This consists mostly of chasing the “tickets” and team members to respond to resource.
9. Testing/testing automation – Innovate and contribute to this space by taking on necessary tools evaluations and POCs.
10. Creating a knowledge base documentation on the current system setup and processes
11. Documenting Systems Audits information
What we’re looking for:
• As a developer, possess excellent Knowledge of distributed computing architecture, core hadoop component (HDFS, Spark, Yarn, Map-Reduce, HIVE, Impala), AWS services and related technologies.
• Technical Design and development of ETL/Hadoop and Analytics services /components.
• Contribute to end-to-end architecture and process flow.
• Understand Business requirement and publish reusable designs.
• Result oriented approach with ability to provide apt solutions.
• Proficient in performance improvement & fine-tuning of ETL and Hadoop implementations.
• Can work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience/Exposure to SQL, advanced SQL skills.
Skills that will help you in the role :
• Bachelor’s Degree with 0-2 years of experience.
• Hands on experience with at least one programming language (Unix Shell Scripting, Python or C or C++ or JAVA).
• Strong understanding of distributed computing architecture especially Hadoop ecosystem as to how it works and key Hadoop services (e.g. HDFS, Yarn, Map-Reduce, HIVE, Impala, Spark).
• Ability to write SQLs for database queries involving joins, filters and sub-queries
• Understanding of different AWS concepts & services like Availability Zones, Regions, VPC, EC2, S3, Athena etc.
• Strong understanding of various data storage formats (CSV, Delimited files, Parquet, Avro etc.).
• Strong understanding of different components of a Data Warehouse.
• Strong understanding of any one of ETL tools or technologies like Python, Spark, Ab Initio, Informatica, Data Stage etc.
• Strong understanding or experience in automate jobs/workloads using any tool or language (even Unix Cron would do).
• Strong Understanding of Agile Project Delivery and different stages of SDLC
• Strong understanding of NoSQL databases and their applicability.
• Very Good communication and organizational skills.
• Very Good analytical skills.
• Very good listener.
• Ability to raise requests in Web portal based on instructions provided and track it to closure by coordinating activities with different teams
• Ability to produce good presentations using Microsoft tools & technologies
What will you be doing?
• Hands on experience on any ETL tools like Ab Initio, Informatica, Data Stage, Talend would be preferred.
• Familiarity with any data visualization tool like Tableau, QlickView, Python or R is a plus.
• Hands on experience in working with REST APIs.
• Familiarity with Financial service domain.
• Hands on experience in writing reusable code.
• Ability to understand requirements and design software solutions.
• Ability to analyse data and to present the findings to the end users.
• Any certification in AWS, RDBMS, No-SQL, Data Visualization & Reporting tools would be additional advantage
Apply Before the link Expires for Barclays Off Campus Drive 2023 Hiring.