Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Click Here to Register
Register & Upload your Resume for upcoming off campus drives Register Now
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Job Profile: Application Support Analyst
Work Location: Pune
Experience Required: Freshers or Early Careers
Register and Apply for Internships with stipened up to INR 2 lakh per month Register Now
Salary: Not Disclosed
Degree Required: BE/B.Tech/MCA/ME/M.Tech or Related
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs
BUK & BX – All locations
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Application support analyst should take responsibility for:
• Delivery of 2nd Line Application Support services for application(s) under support
• Maintain system availability and supplementary services within SLA
• Ongoing liaison with Shared services team, upstream and downstream application teams to manage SLA expectations.
• Ongoing liaison with Barclaycard C&C, BIM’s/MIM’s to manage escalated incidents.
• Maintain a proactive presence in providing help and guidance to Business operations.
• Transitioning changes successfully in production
• Working effectively with stake holder within technology and operations
What will you be doing?
• SME Support (40%)
o Driving complex and major incidents to resolution by owning the e2e incident
o Contribute in Incident Post Mortem for major incidents ensuring root cause and mitigating measures to avoid recurrence is addressed appropriately.
o Own the problem management function and work on to reduce the open problems by implementing fixes, collaborating with component teams.
Create / Update / Maintain known error scenario documents
Contribute towards and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
Contribute towards and maintain KYA – Know Your Application document
• Project Engagement & Onboarding (30%)
o Review functional requirements, HLD, SDR and provide RtB point of view by collaborating with the project teams
o Reviewing test strategy, test cases & test results and provide inputs from an RtB point of view.
o Contribute in Operational Acceptance Testing (and Execute wherever possible) to ensure the new systems are production-ready
o Ensure systems are built resilience-ready and collaborate with project to complete the mandatory resilience testing for each component
o Provide early life support of new projects.
o E2E Ownership of all BTB / RTB changes hitting the production environment.
• Automation & Reliability (30%)
o Automation of all manual checks such as SoD, EoD, Post-Release Live Proving, etc.
o Identification of gaps in the existing alerting & monitoring followed by deep instrumentation to rationalize / reduce false alerts.
o Driving continual service improvements across the Cards & Payment estate to help our customers achieve their ambitions.
o Identification of Technical Debt / Issue, audit issues, TCSA and input them into ORAC.
o Capacity & Demand Management
o Implement self-healing to remove any manual intervention for incident recovery
o Handover of all finished product output to technology operations Teams (L1/L2)
What we’re looking for:
- Basic Qualification : Comp Eng. Graduate and above
- Below Essential skills required:
- Scripting – Writing & reading Shell/Unix, PL/SQL scripts,
- Databases – Working knowledge on enterprise RDBMS databases such as Oracle and SQL Server & Hadoop (Spark, Hive, Hbase, HDFS, Hadoop Resource Management) & ETL Concepts (SAS, Oracle and DataStage)
- Strong understanding on AbInitio concepts/scheduling tools like TWS & application Hosting Platforms such as WebSphere, JBoss, IPlanet, Apache, Tomcat & DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, Chef
- Hands on experience to alerting & monitoring tools like AppD , ELK Netcool, ITRS Geneos, Hands-on on Cloud Technologies such as OpenShift / aPaaS.
Skills that will help you in the role :
• Scripting – Writing & reading Shell, PL/SQL scripts
• Databases – Working knowledge on enterprise RDBMS databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Working Knowledge of Hadoop – Spark, Hive, Hbase, HDFS, Hadoop Resource Management, Hadoop ETL Concepts
Apply Before the link Expires
Apply Link- Click here to Apply