Shell Off Campus Drive 2023 Hiring Details:
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
Job Profile: Associate Software Engineer-ADF/SSIS
Degree Required: B.E/B.Tech
Experience Required: 01 – 05 years
Salary: Not Disclosed
Work Location: Bangalore
Where you fit in
An exciting opportunity to work at the new Engineering organization in Shell IT. We are looking for a talented Associate Software Engineer with great interpersonal skills to join our team. Shell’s business has been built on a foundation of innovative technology and skilled people. Your growth is our future in IT Engineering. You will not only get an opportunity to work with the latest technology, but with the scale of Shell, you will also get the opportunity to shape future digital technology by working with the biggest players in the technology industry.
Working with other computer scientists and software engineers in Shell, IT Engineering offers a unique opportunity for you to make an impact across a complex integrated energy value chain serving all lines of business in the Group. You could be creating new customer services in the largest Lubricants business globally, or innovating ways to grow an Aviation business which refuels five aircraft every minute. With Shell investing significantly in renewables, there will be several opportunities to power our green engine too.
What’s your role
As the Associate Software Engineer for Integration, you will be responsible for designing and delivering Middleware solutions using Azure Data Factory (ADF) and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) for various sets of Integration requirements. Also, you will take responsibility to ensure the delivery of the Middleware application adheres to Shell’s defined best practices and standards.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support the deployment of the Interfaces in Testing and Production environments; coordinate cutover-related activities with the deployment team, L2 Support and required source/destination teams
- Assist in PROD/Non-Prod related issues, activities, and tasks, such as Connectivity Testing, interface setup in lower-tier environments, and specific adapter installation
- Adhering to applicable Shell code development and code management standards
- Assisting, as needed, with top-quartile Application Support for the business portfolio-based solutions, to service levels agreed with the Business
- Comply with Information Risk Management (IRM) standards and procedures
- Actively involved in various phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) to deliver solutions for business requirements
What we need from you
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering
- With at least 1-5 years of Middleware/Integrations development experience and at least 1 year of ADF experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration patterns and ETL\ELT architecture
- Strong experience in developing and building complete ETL\ELT processes, moving and transforming data across various on-premises and cloud applications
- Individual ability to implement technical requirements into pipelines for enhancements/new functionality.
- Familiarity with integration technologies, standards, and protocols such as REST, SOAP, RPC, HTTPS, SQL, OAUTH2, OIDC, and SAML
- Practitioner of software engineer best practices and agile methods with good communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates collaboration skills, works independently, takes ownership of project activities and deliverables, and continuously improves performance
- Understanding and exposure to Unit/UAT Testing of the interfaces/pipelines.
Apply Before the link Expires for Shell Off Campus Drive 2023 HirinG